There’s no denying that free spins are one of the most popular casino bonuses. It’s impossible to say “no” to an opportunity to play vibrant and exciting slot machines without spending a cent of your own money! In this guide, we’re going to look at how free spins work, what types of free spins bonus deals can be found at AU casinos, and how to use them to your advantage.
About free spins bonuses
When it comes to free spins bonuses, it’s all pretty simple because they have a quite telltale name. A Australian casino gives you a certain number of free spins to be used on a specific slot or - less often - any slot at all. This means you get a mind-boggling opportunity to spin the reels of a top-rated slot machine without having to pay for it out of your pocket. Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?
Free spins bonuses: Pros and Cons
We’re interested in giving you a fair and unbiased review of free spins bonuses. That’s why we’re going to look at both the benefits and shortcomings that this reward comes with.
Like any casino bonus, free spins have their fair share of undeniable advantages that can level up your gambling experience:
- A free spins bonus gives you a chance to play slots for real money without having to pay for it.
- During free spins, you stand a chance of landing real-money winnings that can be withdrawn afterwards.
- With free spins at your disposal, you can explore top-notch slot titles that the industry has to offer.
But what about the dark side of free spins? Let’s see the cons that might make you want to pass on free spins:
- Australian casinos tend to limit the selection of slot machines that are eligible for using free spins. Sometimes, there’s just one pokie title, sometimes there’s more. Anyway, you probably won’t be able to use free spins on any slot you like. That’s a bummer!
- Just like cash bonuses, free spins are covered with wagering requirements. To make it clear, you have to meet the wagering requirements on the amount of winnings that you’ve won during the free spins. If you fail to do this within a specified time period, the casino won’t let you cash out your winnings from the system.
- Here’s another trap that you should be wary of. Some Australian casinos set a cap on the amount of money that you can win during free spins. This is how casinos prevent lucky gamblers from making too much profits off their free spins rewards. Imagine how frustrating it must be to keep on landing hefty cash prizes only to find out that you’ve surpassed the allowed limit of winnings!
Types of free spins bonuses
What makes free spins unique is that they can be a standalone bonus or make part of a cash bonus. It’s safe to say that free spins are a versatile bonus that can make part of any casino reward. The fact that slots have a huge fan base among gamblers makes free spins a coveted gift.
Signup free spins bonus
Also known as no-deposit free spins, this type of bonus is given to new players upon registration. All you need to do is to sign up with a Australian online casino. Making a deposit is not necessary at all. As a rule, signup free spins are not covered with wagering requirements which means you won’t owe the casino anything after claiming this gift.
Deposit free spins bonus
To get your hands on this bonus, you need to go a step further and fund your account with an amount no less than the minimum deposit amount. Depending on the casino, this amount can range from as low as 5 dollars all the way up to 30 dollars. Most of the time, deposit free spins come as an addition to a cash bonus. For example, a Australian casino offers a 50% deposit bonus up to $300, plus 100 free spins on a specific slot machine.
Referral free spins bonus
It’s a common practice among igaming sites to reward their existing clients with money prizes, free spins, or both. For example, for each newly acquired player, you can get 50 free spins, or 10 dollars + 20 free spins, or any other combination of rewards.
Birthday free spins bonus
Free spins make an ideal birthday gift. If a casino doesn’t provide cash rewards on players’ birthdays, chances are that it gives out free spins insead.
How to make the most out of a free spins bonus
If you want a free spins bonus make a real difference in your gambling performance, be sure to follow these fundamental tips:
- Never accept a free spins bonus without first reading the Bonus Terms and Conditions. Learn if winnings from free spins are covered with wagering requirements or not. If they are, find out how many times you need to play through your winnings amount before you can withdraw it. Plus, find out within what time you must fulfill the requirements. If you doubt that you can meet the requirements stress-free, you should better skip the bonus offer and try to find a more player-friendly deal.
- Learn what slot machines a free spins bonus is valid for. Go and test these slots in free mode to see if you like them enough to play them for real money. But most importantly, make sure the slots in question pay well. You would’n want to waste your free spins on a stingly pokie, right?
- Scooping a jackpot during free spins is any gambler's dream come true. To boost your winning chances, be sure to place the maximum bet per spin. Unfortunately, some Australian casinos put a cap on your bets during free spins to prevent you from landing a jackpot prize. If winning a jackpot is important to you, be sure to find out about possible limitations beforehand.
FAQ on free spins bonuses
- How do I get free spins from a Australian casino?
- First of all, you need to find a gambling site that provides free spins as bonuses. Second, you need to register an account with the casino. In some cases, that might be enough for getting a free spins bonus. At some casinos, however, you only become eligible for free spins after topping up your account.
- Do I need to insert any promo codes to get free spins?
- That depends entirely on the casino policy. Go to the casino page with bonus offers and see whether they have promo codes listed for each bonus type. Find the promo code for free spins and put it into the required field during registration or when making a deposit. Also, you can contact the casino customer support and ask them if they have promo codes.
- Can I win real money during free spins?
- Absolutely. Each spin is your chance to grab a fantastic cash prize, even a jackpot if you’re lucky!
- How do wagering requirements work for free spins?
- Since free spins are not a cash prize, wagering requirements can’t be applied to them. Instead, wagering requirements are applied to the winnings that a punter has won during the free spins - if, of course, they’ve won anything at all!
- Are free spins worth it?
- That’s a tricky one. Unlike cash bonuses that are beneficial to everyone, free spins bonuses are only valuable to slot enthusiasts. If you love slots, then you should definitely claim this bonus. If, however, you’re not into pokies, you’ll find it hard to properly benefit from this gift. Of course, you may make an effort and use the free spins anyway, but there will be little enjoyment in that. On a brighter note, you stand a real chance of landing a fat win during free spins. A win is a win, no matter in what game it was gained. If that convinces you, then you should probably give free spins a try!